How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Debra Your Own Question
Debra, Lawyer
Category: Canada Law
Satisfied Customers: 100468
Experience:  Lawyer
Type Your Canada Law Question Here...
Debra is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

My husbands friend who is a licenced mechanic sold us a

Customer Question

my husbands friend who is a licenced mechanic sold us a vehical he said was mechanically sound but has a vibration & front end tremble at speeds over 100km. As soon as I drove it home I called my husband & told him about it & to cancel the deal. We had not yet even transferred it into our name. He refused to return our money & only after a great deal of nonsense was I able to force him to give us our money back, which he did. However he no claims legally my husband must transfer the vehical, pay the taxes & be soley responsible for the resale of this mechanically unsound vehical? If we have the money back should we not tear up te transfer papers, return the vehical & move on? what recourse do we have?
Submitted: 2 years ago.
Category: Canada Law
Expert:  Debra replied 2 years ago.

Your husband doesn't own the car any longer.

His friend was going to rip him off essentially and agreed not to go ahead and gave him back the money.

Your husband does not have to pay a thing and has no responsibilities with respect to the car and most assuredly cannot try and sell it as he will end up being sued if he does.

Your husband should tell this friend his position is nonsensical and not to bother him about this again.

Related Canada Law Questions