I own a strata property in, BC. I have rented this property

Customer Question
I own a strata property...
I own a strata property in Langley, BC. I have rented this property for the past six years. In May of this year, the strata has changed its bylaws on rentals. I have listed the property for sale for more than 3 months and it's not selling. It is priced at a fair market value which is way below the mortgage on the property. If the property sells, I will be losing about $30,000. I have explained my situation to them and they have refused to allow rental. If nothing works out, I will have to foreclose on the property as I can't afford to pay two mortgages. What should I do.
email:***@******.***
Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: Canada Law
8/10/2015
Lawyer: Debra, Lawyer replied 2 years ago
Debra, Lawyer

Who said you do not qualify for undue hardship?

Did the Strata not consider grandfathering those who have been renting out their units?

Do you have a tenant that was there before the change who is still renting now?

Tenants moved out in January this year. I pleaded to them about grandfathering and they refused. I sent them financial bank statements and they declined.

Did they give you a hearing?

No

Did you ask for a hearing?

What was the process that they followed?

Tom B.
Tom B.
Tom B., Barrister & Solicitor