How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Debra Your Own Question
Debra, Lawyer
Category: Canada Law
Satisfied Customers: 100049
Experience:  Lawyer
Type Your Canada Law Question Here...
Debra is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

My x husband had an affair and Aftr 2 months he remarried.

Customer Question

Hello. My x husband had an affair and Aftr 2 months he remarried. Before and after he still called texted me. Sending me pictures and wanting to meet me. Also wanted to have sex. I did not meet with him I've kept all conversations. I called OPP to explain that I want to facebook her to let her know. Cop said it was not illegal to pass information to her. But is there any other repercussion? I don't want to be sued.
Submitted: 1 year ago.
Category: Canada Law
Expert:  Debra replied 1 year ago.
You can always be sued. There is no way to stop that. But the issue is whether you would lose the lawsuit and so long as you tell the truth you could not be sued successfully for passing on accurate information.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Thx but here's the thing. It's not libel or slander. I saved all texts etc. I don't understand what else could happen. She deserves to knowthe truth
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
should i?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
What's common law for ontario? Thank you
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
If I facebook his wife, and give her info. Should I say I will not b contacting you again. Anything else I can say?
Expert:  Debra replied 1 year ago.

Yes I know it is not liable or slander and that is why I am saying that you cannot be sued successfully. But any person can always start a lawsuit and there's nothing to stop them. So, you should know that yes this woman or your former spouse can sue you but I don't see how either can sue you successfully.

And you can say that all of this is true, you have no intention of harassing her, you felt that she needed to know the truth and you will not be contacting her ever again.,

Related Canada Law Questions