Tom B.
Tom B., Barrister & Solicitor
Experience:  25 years in practice
28667836

My mother was injured and because of stress contracted

Customer Question

my mother was injured and because of stress contracted shingles. injury was caused by a fall due to uneven concrete at entrance of their building. the injury (second injury due to fall at this building) was reported to the president of the condo association of the said building. A representative from the insurance company of the building interviewed my mother and asked how much she would want as compensation. My mother is 79 years old, the night of the fall I was with her, we spent 12 hours in the hospital. It was an extremely stressful situation and as still not fully recovered. Is there someone how can advise us as to a fair monetary settlement.
Category: Canada Law
Expert:  Debra replied 2 years ago.

We are not permitted to provide legal advice. We can only provide legal information.

If you would like for me to suggest what to do in terms of finding a lawyer and how best to approach the insurance rep then I am happy to do this so just let me know if this will help.