How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Tom B. Your Own Question
Tom B.
Tom B., Barrister & Solicitor
Category: Canada Law
Satisfied Customers: 2415
Experience:  25 years in practice
Type Your Canada Law Question Here...
Tom B. is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I am very interested in immigrating to Canada from the UK. I

Customer Question

I am very interested in immigrating to Canada from the UK. I understand I need to do a Language test. Can you suggest the best ones to do? Can it be done online? What would be my next step after this?
Submitted: 2 years ago.
Category: Canada Law
Expert:  Tom B. replied 2 years ago.
Hi there.
Proficiency in either English or French is required only in certain types of entry. We have many immigrants that can't speak either language.
To start, here is a quiz that assists in determining what class you may qualify for....
If for instance you qualify for a skilled immigrant entry, proof of language proficiency is required for obvious reasons as you have to be able to function. Here is information on that process with how to prove that proficiency.
Outside of that, an appropriate level of understanding of either official language is not required until an application is made for citizenship which is after you have arrived here as a resident so nothing to concern yourself about at this point.
I hope that has assisted you. If you need more information, kindly advise. Otherwise, please consider rating my answer well.
Good luck!