How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Tom B. Your Own Question
Tom B.
Tom B., Barrister & Solicitor
Category: Canada Law
Satisfied Customers: 2263
Experience:  25 years in practice
Type Your Canada Law Question Here...
Tom B. is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

My son was charged with assault with a broom in a domestic

Customer Question

My son was charged with assault with a broom in a domestic dispute. We hired a criminal lawyer who has done nothing for him. The procecutor wants 30 days on week-ends because he self employed. His business is 24/7. He is a contractor and a lot of times he is called out on the week-ends.
The charge stemmed from the girl he was living with lying to the police. He has twin sons with her and since October he has not seen them so that is a separate case going on.
On August 13th, he has to go court. Should he go before a judge with our lawyer and the procecutor . Our family or my son has never been involved in the legal system before. He is 37 years old , no criminal history. The night in question there was alcohol involved on my son's part. It seems that the legal system takes the word of the woman and not give my son a chance to tell his side. She has been violent towards him but the police did not seem to care. Could you please let me know what to do?
Submitted: 1 year ago.
Category: Canada Law
Expert:  Ulysses101 replied 1 year ago.

Hello, and thank you for the question.

The prosecutor may want 30 days served intermittent, but that's simply their position. What does your son's lawyer say after a pretrial conference with the crown? Or has that yet to occur?

Expert:  Ulysses101 replied 1 year ago.

I'm still here if you'd like to discuss your matter.

Related Canada Law Questions