How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Tom B. Your Own Question
Tom B.
Tom B., Barrister & Solicitor
Category: Canada Law
Satisfied Customers: 2263
Experience:  25 years in practice
Type Your Canada Law Question Here...
Tom B. is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I f I choose to apply legal separation from a husband who is

Customer Question

I f I choose to apply for a legal separation from a husband who is drinking, where do I begin?
Submitted: 1 year ago.
Category: Canada Law
Expert:  Tom B. replied 1 year ago.
This site is not for emergencies or personal legal advice but general advice.
Having said that, are you safe?
Are their children?
Do you have somewhere to go?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I am safe at my daughters. No young children
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I just want to know how to proceed, so that I can get things separated and get on with my life.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
How soon should I expect a response from you Tom?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Is your advise coming on e-mail, or should I be waiting for a response right here. Just don't know if I'm doing this correctly.
Expert:  Tom B. replied 1 year ago.
I am here.
Are you intending to stay away as of now?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I'm intending to stay away. I just want to type. Would rather not talk tonight.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
This isn't working like I thought it might. I prefer to cancel. thank-you Donna
Expert:  Tom B. replied 1 year ago.
There are no legal consequences of you staying away. A separation agreement can wait. You do not lose any legal rights by leaving.
Stay safe.

Related Canada Law Questions