How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Debra Your Own Question
Debra, Lawyer
Category: Canada Law
Satisfied Customers: 100033
Experience:  Lawyer
Type Your Canada Law Question Here...
Debra is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I am applying PR through the express entry.

Customer Question

I am applying for Canadian PR through the express entry. I am on my second work permit (I have worked in Canada for 3 years), this work permit has a positive LMO. Can I use this LMO instead of the LMIA? If so, what do I put as the expiry date?
Also, the application form is asking me how much money I am bringing to Canada to support myself? I already live and work here, how do I get around this question?
Thank you.
Submitted: 1 year ago.
Category: Canada Law
Expert:  Debra replied 1 year ago.
Whenever you apply for a closed work permit you need a new LMIA. Before you needed a new LMO each time.

You say you are in Canada and then set out what money you have in Canada. If there is money abroad you can also add that you also have savings and say where and how much.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

I'm not applying for a work permit. I am applying for PR. I have been at my current job in Canada for 3 years, my job offer still stands. I am on a work permit at the moment (positive LMO 2014). Work permit under this LMO is valid until June 2016.

Please open this question to another lawyer if you're not familiar with the express entry. Thank you.

Expert:  Debra replied 1 year ago.
Yes I know that.But I thought that while you were waiting you were applying for a new work permit. You may use the LMO instead of applying for a new LMIA.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

If you know that, why are you not answering my question? I specifically asked about the PR application process for express entry.

Expert:  Debra replied 1 year ago.
I know you are. I said you can use the existing LMO and don't need a new LMIA for the skilled worker express entry program.

Related Canada Law Questions