How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Debra Your Own Question
Debra, Lawyer
Category: Canada Law
Satisfied Customers: 99929
Experience:  Lawyer
Type Your Canada Law Question Here...
Debra is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I am an executor of a will mother who passed away with

Customer Question

I am an executor of a will for my mother who passed away with no assets but need to find a copy from 1996 for several reasons in British Columbia and the Lawyer who drafted it is deceased
Submitted: 1 year ago.
Category: Canada Law
Expert:  Debra replied 1 year ago.
I am sorry for your loss. I have a couple of suggestions. First, in BC there is a Wills Registry where some people do register their Will. It is not mandatory to register a Will though so only some do.Here is the information you will need about the Registry: The other idea is for you to contact the law society and ask them where the lawyer's files are. If they are not with another firm the law society will have them.

Related Canada Law Questions