How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Tom B. Your Own Question
Tom B.
Tom B., Barrister & Solicitor
Category: Canada Law
Satisfied Customers: 2263
Experience:  25 years in practice
Type Your Canada Law Question Here...
Tom B. is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

My company has been issued a statement of claim plaintiff's

Customer Question

My company has been issued a statement of claim for the plaintiff's action pursuant to a commercial lease.We as the defendant deny all of the allegations in the Statement Of Claim and believe we have a legitimate counterclaim. The action of the Plaintiff compeled my company to relocate as a result of being locked out as we produce pharmaceutical products vital to the health of our users and in addition to preserve our Establishment Licence from Health Canada. We have lost almost one half year of sales and currently have expended over $40,000 in relocation expenses that has consumed our working capital completely.
We are confident this action is designed to bankrupt our business just as we have been able to initiate a turnaround .We need short term support or a pro bono intervention at this time to make our counterclaim which we are confident will exceed $100,000.
The plaintiff's claim is substantially in excess of $500,000 to enable pleading in Superior Court
Submitted: 2 years ago.
Category: Canada Law
Expert:  Debra replied 2 years ago.
Are you asking how to find a lawyer in Ontario?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Our corporate lawyer does not do litigation
Expert:  Debra replied 2 years ago.
So do you want for me to make suggestions on how to find a lawyer in Ontario?