How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Debra Your Own Question
Debra, Lawyer
Category: Canada Law
Satisfied Customers: 100434
Experience:  Lawyer
Type Your Canada Law Question Here...
Debra is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

Can I sue my husband of our way of life, emotional

Customer Question

Can I sue my husband for loss of our way of life, emotional distress and undue hardship for the future?
Submitted: 2 years ago.
Category: Canada Law
Expert:  Debra replied 2 years ago.
Please provide the basic facts.Also please let me know if you are separated or not.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
We are Seperated. Heading for divorce. He has bankrupt us and has been borrowing monies from lots of business people. He has abandoned my daughter and I and our home has been foreclosed on. He has put me in the basement of my senior parents home with my daughter. He has discontinued her school payments and fired me from my position at a company his parents own. And left me with no finances. We have nothing and have had to pack our belongings and put them in storage and my daughter and I are in counselling and have seen our medical doctors due to stress and anxiety. He is living at his parents who are very wealthy and has hired very expensive lawyers. He is living in luxury and we are sleeping in a double bed eating once to twice per day. I have lost my car and he even sold my wedding ring. He has seperated us from our family and friends of ten years by defaming the situation. Not telling anyone the truth about what he has done. He also forged my name on 3 loans.
Expert:  Debra replied 2 years ago.
You cannot sue him but you can seek a division of assets, child support and spousal support. If he has dissipated the family assets you can get more than half of what remains. And as he has dismissed you he will be liable to you for more spousal support. As you don't have any assets in your name and do not have any income you will be able to get legal aid to pay a family lawyer for you and you may be able to get into court on an emergency basis as well.

Related Canada Law Questions