How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Tom B. Your Own Question
Tom B.
Tom B., Barrister & Solicitor
Category: Canada Law
Satisfied Customers: 2263
Experience:  25 years in practice
Type Your Canada Law Question Here...
Tom B. is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I have been dealing with a private lender loan company and

Customer Question

I have been dealing with a private lender loan company and to get this loan I had to pay money up front and now I have told them I no long wish to continue with this loan and would like a refund of my money they are now telling me I have to pay cancelation fee. Of course I have to pay this fee up front in order to get my money back. I now know it's illegal to ask for money up front in order to receive a loan in Canada what can I do know to recover if any of my money
Submitted: 2 years ago.
Category: Canada Law
Expert:  Debra replied 2 years ago.
Is this lender in Canada?

Related Canada Law Questions