How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Debra Your Own Question
Debra, Lawyer
Category: Canada Law
Satisfied Customers: 100035
Experience:  Lawyer
Type Your Canada Law Question Here...
Debra is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

Does the parent that is receiving child support have to have

Customer Question

Does the parent that is receiving child support have to have a bedroom for each child that he is receiving support for?
I am paying support for my 16 year old son and 18 year old daughter. They both are able to go back and forth from each parents place as they feel like. My son does not stay at his father's place because he does not have a bedroom there. Am I required to pay support to his father even when he does not stay there?
My daughter will be going out of town to post secondary school. At their fathers place her room will be given to my son. Therefore she will not have a place to stay when she comes home for holidays and will be staying with me. Legally am I to continue paying child support when they don't even live with their father?
Submitted: 2 years ago.
Category: Canada Law
Expert:  Debra replied 2 years ago.
No you don't pay child support if they are not living with their father. And if they are living with you then the father pays support. There is no need for a separate bedroom though. There is no law about that.

Related Canada Law Questions