Copperlaw
Copperlaw, Lawyer
Experience:  Lawyer and Retired cop. Drug expert, breath tech, negotiator, traffic specialist. Criminal, Family, Civil and others.
38596469

I plan to start a company that generates roofing leads

Customer Question

Hello, I plan to start a company that generates roofing leads from door to door, and sell each lead to three roofing companies to compete for the business. I plan on using a website called eagle view to get satellite measurements of each roof and giving it to the company included in the lead. Am I allowed to sell this lead to three downy roofing companies? I also plan to have a Web site that has a link to each roofing company I represent. I'm just wanting to make sure I'm not doing anything illegal. Thanks,
Tom
Category: Canada Law
Expert:  Copperlaw replied 2 years ago.
Good evening, I would be happy to assist you with your question. If you are doing the leg work and investigation to determine potential clients for the roofing industry and compiling a database of leads, there is nothing illegal about charging a fee for these referrals. It would be perfectly legal to provide this information for a fee in order that the companies may contact the clients in order to tender quotes for the job. In fact, this would also benefit the clients by ensuring the quotes are competitive. RegardsJim
Expert:  Copperlaw replied 2 years ago.
Hi, I have not heard back from you at all since I provided you with the answer to your question. Please let me know if you require anything further as I would be happy to assist you if still required, or let me know if we can close the question. Also, please take a moment to leave me a positive rating as this assists me in building my reputation here on the site. Warm RegardsJim