How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Debra Your Own Question
Debra, Lawyer
Category: Canada Law
Satisfied Customers: 100377
Experience:  Lawyer
Type Your Canada Law Question Here...
Debra is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I am in need of a lawyer on a contingency basis here in BC

Customer Question

I am in need of a lawyer on a contingency basis here in BC (lower mainland) to represent me with dealing with Great West Life as I have late stage lyme disease and was disqualified by them. I have letters from my doctors indicating that I have this disease.
Submitted: 2 years ago.
Category: Canada Law
Expert:  Debra replied 2 years ago.
I cannot act for you but I can make some suggestions on how to find a lawyer if you like. We cannot make specific referrals.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Please make credible suggestions as I cannot afford to continue with this matter otherwise. My funds are running low for further medicine. I was told that I could receive help from a lawyer on a contingency basis. Is this true? PLEASE ADVISE...THANK YOU
Expert:  Debra replied 2 years ago.
I am not able to have a telephone conversation with you because the rules of my law society prohibit me from speaking with you as you are not my client. Many lawyers will take on a case on a contingency basis so long as the case is strong and enough money is involved so that the lawyer will get adequate fees at the end of the day. The only way you will know if a lawyer will take you on, on a contingency fee basis, is by meeting with a lawyer and providing the lawyer with all of the relevant facts. You may need to sit down with more than one lawyer before you end up finding the right lawyer for you. What you can do to find a lawyer is one of the following things.You can contact the BC Branch of the Canadian Bar Association and use their Lawyer Referral Service. You will be given the name of a lawyer and can consult with the lawyer and the first half hour will be $25.The number is(###) ###-####or 1.***-***-****.Or you can check on a site called lexpert. This is a legal directory of leading lawyers and law firms throughout Canada and is well-respected by the legal community.Here's the link to their website: hope that helps as a starting point.