How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Debra Your Own Question
Debra, Lawyer
Category: Canada Law
Satisfied Customers: 100942
Experience:  Lawyer
Type Your Canada Law Question Here...
Debra is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I sold product to a new distributor and a month later he now

Customer Question

I sold product to a new distributor and a month later he now wants to return the product, I advised him that we do not except returns unless damaged or not working and then we replace them. Our invoice states due on receipt and he paid by visa and now because he is having financial problems as he states he wants his money back. He has threatened to show up at my home and he will get his money. He has put in an email this threat and I am not sure where I stand in this situation. He is desperate and I am not sure what he is capable of doing to myself or my family. any thoughts
Submitted: 2 years ago.
Category: Canada Law
Expert:  Debra replied 2 years ago.
He is not entitled to a refund. Threatening you is a criminal offence and so you should report this to the police at once. He can be charged and placed under a restraining order. In terms of the refund, which is a civil matter, he can sue you but I don't see how he will win. But you can tell him to sue you and otherwise stay away from you and not contact you again.