Tom B.
Tom B., Barrister & Solicitor
Experience:  25 years in practice
28667836

My question pertained to employment law, I was sexually

Customer Question

Hello
My question pertained to employment law, I was sexually assaulted by a coworker 2 months ago in Ontario during a work training trip. I live in BC. I have been on medical leave since and I did not press charges at the time, because I was overwhelmed and scared to lose my career. The police report has been deemed unfounded, his word against mine. The company I work for is requesting the police report but I am worried to send to them...1st because, it is so personal and also because it is only about me. I had been drinking but only about 6 drinks. I remember parts of the assault but not the whole evening. There was concerns that maybe something was placed in my drink but no one helped me with a test to confirm. The colleague in question is still employed and working for the company as I am off on medical leave. What are my rights regarding the police report and how to return to work if he is still employed and working the same territory as me. Please help as my company has been pressuring me to provide the police report and it is causing me a lot of anxiety.
Thank you !
Category: Canada Law
Expert:  Tom B. replied 2 years ago.
HiAre you in a Union job?For what purpose does the employer want the report?Tom
Expert:  Tom B. replied 2 years ago.
Waiting for your reply :)
Tom