How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Debra Your Own Question
Debra, Lawyer
Category: Canada Law
Satisfied Customers: 100468
Experience:  Lawyer
Type Your Canada Law Question Here...
Debra is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

What is required of me when terminating a foreign live-in caregiver,

Customer Question

What is required of me when terminating a foreign live-in caregiver, who is living in my home. I understand the payments, notice, etc. to terminate an emplolyee (I live in Alberta). I understand Alberta Employment Standards requirement to terminate an employee. What I am not sure about is how do I terminate her live-in situation. The fact she is living in my house - nothing in her employment contract with me, states how I need to go about getting her to leave my house. Can I just kick her out? Can I just arbitrarily set a date that works for me, to have her leave the house? I am hiring a new nanny who will be living in my house.
Submitted: 2 years ago.
Category: Canada Law
Expert:  Debra replied 2 years ago.
She must leave when her employment ends. She is not s tenant and is not covered by the resort is tenancy act.
She has right to stay once you tell her to leave.

Related Canada Law Questions