How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Tom B. Your Own Question
Tom B.
Tom B., Barrister & Solicitor
Category: Canada Law
Satisfied Customers: 2263
Experience:  25 years in practice
Type Your Canada Law Question Here...
Tom B. is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

Here is the situation.....My son lives in another city from

Customer Question

Here is the situation.....My son lives in another city from his 5 year old son. He and his ex currently have no custody agreement but my son gets his boy as often as he can..( 2-3 X's a week) as he works full time and has 30 minute commute out of town to work. The boys mother wants my son to have joint custody, which he is in agreement to, however, since his son lives 45 minutes south of the city and my sons job is 30 minutes north, the question is...would my son have to make the drive every day to take his son to school. My son is unable to move to the same city as my grandson as his job is 30 minutes out of town in the opposite direction...making his commute to work 75 minutes one way. His ex is unwilling to move to the same city as him, as she would then have a 30 minute commute to her job....What would likely happen in this case. Would my son be required to move? This is very sad as my son would love joint custody, he would be willing to have full custody but mommy won't let him.
Submitted: 2 years ago.
Category: Canada Law
Expert:  Debra replied 2 years ago.
Who moved away and when?