How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Debra Your Own Question
Debra, Lawyer
Category: Canada Law
Satisfied Customers: 100941
Experience:  Lawyer
Type Your Canada Law Question Here...
Debra is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

We need a Will Lawyer to do up a will & to do a power of Attorney

Customer Question

We need a Will Lawyer to do up a will & to do a power of Attorney for my husband
Submitted: 2 years ago.
Category: Canada Law
Expert:  Debra replied 2 years ago.
There is no legal requirement that you need to use a lawyer for these documents and for the POA it is not really necessary but it is very risky for someone to do a Will without a lawyer because the law is complex and a Will is very inexpensive to do while a mistake can be very, very expensive. Any lawyer that would do the Will would be able to do the POA for little cost. You can contact the BC Branch of the Canadian Bar Association and use their Lawyer Referral Service. You will be given the name of a lawyer and can consult with the lawyer and the first half hour will be $25. The number is(###) ###-####or 1.***-***-****.