Debra, Lawyer
Experience:  Lawyer
10263656

Received 3 traffic tickets 2 years ago and I contested said

Customer Question

Received 3 traffic tickets 2 years ago and I contested said tickets. I received a notice from ICBC notifying me that they received my request for contesting the tickets and that they would notify me by mail with a court date. I have yet to receive a letter regarding a court date in the 2 years since, and have kept my address up to date as well. Yesterday I received a letter stating my license will be suspended for 3 months as a result of the past tickets, yet I have not received any notice to contest the tickets, and they are still pending. Not sure what to do here.
Category: Canada Law
Expert:  Debra replied 2 years ago.
I suggest that you call ICBC and explain what happened. You were to be sent a notice of the trial date and did not get sent this notice so you didn't get to fight the tickets. You may need to go to court to have the convictions set aside on the basis that you were not served with the trial date and then you will have a chance to defend yourself at trial.