How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Tom B. Your Own Question
Tom B.
Tom B., Barrister & Solicitor
Category: Canada Law
Satisfied Customers: 2263
Experience:  25 years in practice
Type Your Canada Law Question Here...
Tom B. is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

My daughters mother is taking me to court support.

Customer Question

My daughters mother is taking me to court for child support. I have been paying her $200 every two weeks for the past year. Currently im making $25/hr. 4 days a week. when i started this job she said that $200/ 2 weeks was good for her. Now shes taking me to court for retro pay. But she's the one who said that $200 every two weeks is good because before i got this job that's what i was giving her because i was only making on average $850 every two weeks on my last job and when i started my new job she said "the same as before is good". Im having trouble financially now cause im moving and will be collecting E.I until i start school. I don't know what to do and who to talk to about my paperwork.
Submitted: 2 years ago.
Category: Canada Law
Expert:  Debra replied 2 years ago.
Does your child live with her mother for at least 60% of the time?What is your gross annual income?Have you been served with court papers yet?