Tom B.
Tom B., Barrister & Solicitor
Experience:  25 years in practice
28667836

My daughters mother is taking me to court support.

Customer Question

My daughters mother is taking me to court for child support. I have been paying her $200 every two weeks for the past year. Currently im making $25/hr. 4 days a week. when i started this job she said that $200/ 2 weeks was good for her. Now shes taking me to court for retro pay. But she's the one who said that $200 every two weeks is good because before i got this job that's what i was giving her because i was only making on average $850 every two weeks on my last job and when i started my new job she said "the same as before is good". Im having trouble financially now cause im moving and will be collecting E.I until i start school. I don't know what to do and who to talk to about my paperwork.
Category: Canada Law
Expert:  Debra replied 2 years ago.
Does your child live with her mother for at least 60% of the time?What is your gross annual income?Have you been served with court papers yet?