How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Debra Your Own Question
Debra, Lawyer
Category: Canada Law
Satisfied Customers: 100001
Experience:  Lawyer
Type Your Canada Law Question Here...
Debra is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I am a parent who gave up a child 17 years ago. I would

Customer Question

I am a parent who gave up a child 17 years ago. I would like to file an order not to be found, how do I go about doing this?
Submitted: 2 years ago.
Category: Canada Law
Expert:  Debra replied 2 years ago.
Did you give up the child to child protective services or to a parent who adopted the child?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
It was to a parent who adopted the child.Thank you
Expert:  Debra replied 2 years ago.
You don't need an order. You can file a disclosure veto with vital statistics. The Adoption Act says: A person who files a disclosure veto may file with it a written statement that includes any of the following:(a) the reasons for wishing not to disclose any identifying information;(b) in the case of a pre-adoption parent, a brief summary of any available information about the medical and social history of the pre-adoption parents and their families;(c) any other relevant non-identifying information. And you can cancel this veto later if you change your mind.

Related Canada Law Questions