Yes I live in Ottawa Ontario and my landlord was making some

Customer Question
work on water pipes and...
Yes I live in Ottawa Ontario and my landlord was making some work on water pipes and while doing some soldering he got the building in fire and we got evacuated so the Red Cross got us in a motel for three days then the city of ottawa got us in a motel different one and got us a pod container to put what we could savage and move the container into their depot and since the fire happened my mail stop being delivered and due to that Canada post toll me that I had to do a redirect address and open a p/o box and tha cost me 150.00 $ and I talked to the landlord for him to pay for that and give me back my rent money and that he should help me for some expense like food/laundry/gasoline because got to find a place ect... But he don't retun my calls and never offer help what shoul I doo I'm on desabylity and my brother is on cpp so it pretty hard to get help please help me
Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: Canada Law
7/9/2015
Lawyer: Debra, Lawyer replied 2 years ago
Debra, Lawyer
I am sorry to hear this. Your landlord must pay you back the $150 and must pay you if you are paying for the motel and should pay for some of the food and return some of the rent.And he will have insurance to cover this and so there is no excuse.I suggest you go into your local legal aid clinic and ask for some help. You can get help for free because you are on disability benefits.
Debra, Lawyer