How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Tom B. Your Own Question
Tom B.
Tom B., Barrister & Solicitor
Category: Canada Law
Satisfied Customers: 2263
Experience:  25 years in practice
Type Your Canada Law Question Here...
Tom B. is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I have been with the same company 24 years.A year

Customer Question

I have been with the same company for almost 24 years.A year ago, I suffered a stroke while at work.I came back to work almost 2 months ago and offered light duty work for 4 hours a day and 4 days a week.I walk with a cane and require therapy which I cannot afford.Neither the company or my union is helping me.Can I get help from the government to top up my wage?Also, there are no facilities for handicapped people and the factory floor is too dangerous to walk on. Can I get help on this?
Submitted: 2 years ago.
Category: Canada Law
Expert:  Debra replied 2 years ago.
I'm sorry to hear of this difficult situation.Are you saying that the employer is stating that you cannot be accommodated full time? In other words, are you able to work five days a week and for a full day and they are refusing to give you this work or are you unable to work for more than they are offering?Is there any other floor that you can work on aside from the factory floor? When is the last time you heard from the union?