How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Tom B. Your Own Question
Tom B.
Tom B., Barrister & Solicitor
Category: Canada Law
Satisfied Customers: 2263
Experience:  25 years in practice
Type Your Canada Law Question Here...
Tom B. is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

My mother transferred the rights to all my father's and

Customer Question

Hi my mother transferred the rights to all my father's and her properties without my father's understanding and consent. Now all of their properties are in joint tenancy with my 2 siblings, although I have a letter in writing from a later date than the transfer in which my father states he want me to inherit 1/3 of all their properties. This is signed and dated by my father. The properties were transferred to my siblings without his consent and understanding. What legal steps can I take
Submitted: 2 years ago.
Category: Canada Law
Expert:  Debra replied 2 years ago.
I am sorry to hear this.Is your father mentally competent to make decisions about his finances?If not, did he appoint your mother to act under a power of attorney?Why did your mother do this and add your siblings to these properties?

Related Canada Law Questions