How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Debra Your Own Question
Debra, Lawyer
Category: Canada Law
Satisfied Customers: 100008
Experience:  Lawyer
Type Your Canada Law Question Here...
Debra is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I loaned a girl a few hundred dollars last summer was

Customer Question

I loaned a girl a few hundred dollars last summer was suppose to start getting a couple times. She blocked me on face book and won't return my calls and I'm on disability and she knows it.
Submitted: 2 years ago.
Category: Canada Law
Expert:  PaulmoJD replied 2 years ago.
Thank you for your question. I look forward to working with you to provide you the information you are seeking for educational purposes only.
Is the girl local where you live? What state are you in? If she is not living in the same place where does she reside?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Can you please give me a call at(###) ###-#### ***** the case of loaning a girl 1300 Dollars a year ago last month she was suppose to start paying back in January so far nothing and she blocked me on the computer and want answer my calls. I need help please.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
The girls name is***** maiden name Bastien.
Expert:  Debra replied 2 years ago.
This question just appeared on the Canada law list. It must have been on the US list before as US lawyer started to answer. Can you confirm that you are in Alberta and also confirm you wish to go ahead as the site shows that this question has been closed. Thanks
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
John Mathie 204-827 Glenmore TR SW Calgary Alta T2V 2H4
Expert:  Debra replied 2 years ago.
What you can do is send this person a letter, by registered mail, and in the letter give her a deadline for paying you what you are owed in full. Set out the amount you are owed exactly. Tell her that if she fails to comply you will commence legal proceedings and then will be seeking interests and your costs, as well. If she does not pay you you can sue her in Small Claims Court and self represent. If it gets that far and you find you need some help as you go through the process you can always post on this site again and I can assist you further.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I do not know her address but she has me blocked on the computer. She lives in medicine hat.
Expert:  Debra replied 1 year ago.
You have to find her because ultimately even if you get a judgment against her you cannot enforce it without finding her.

Related Canada Law Questions