How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Debra Your Own Question
Debra, Lawyer
Category: Canada Law
Satisfied Customers: 100436
Experience:  Lawyer
Type Your Canada Law Question Here...
Debra is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

Would like to know if i can sue my ex wife distress

Customer Question

would like to know if i can sue my ex wife for emotional distress since she has been alienating my child from me?
Submitted: 2 years ago.
Category: Canada Law
Expert:  Debra replied 2 years ago.
Unfortunately, while this is not an uncommon scenario, there is no possibility that you can sue your former spouse successfully for emotional distress. I am happy to answer follow up questions, and I know this is not the answer you were hoping for, but I'm trying to save you from further expense and distress.

Related Canada Law Questions