How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Debra Your Own Question
Debra, Lawyer
Category: Canada Law
Satisfied Customers: 99985
Experience:  Lawyer
Type Your Canada Law Question Here...
Debra is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

My neighbour wants to extend his driveway onto my property.

Customer Question

My neighbour wants to extend his driveway onto my property. I do I stop this neighbour?
Submitted: 2 years ago.
Category: Canada Law
Expert:  Debra replied 2 years ago.
Tell him if he does you will sue him for damages and put this in writing and tell him the letter you are sending him will be put to the court to show that they went ahead despite being warned of the consequences. For now you can also consider roping or fencing this part of your property off or putting some impediment and then it may be that he or those doig the paving will be afraid to move this. You can also call the police and ask them to stop him until a court can decide. And you should consult with a local lawyer at once.