How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Debra Your Own Question
Debra, Lawyer
Category: Canada Law
Satisfied Customers: 101395
Experience:  Lawyer
Type Your Canada Law Question Here...
Debra is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

Roger, I would be grateful ,if you help me to tell

Customer Question

Hi Roger,
I would be grateful for you,if you help me to tell how I can to file abuse.
My x-husband brought me in Canada, my marriage was abusive he brought police and said he doesn't love me anymore and kicked me out from house and 2 weeks he files to divorce and 1 month filed to abuse. I invested money in his house(I brought 30000$)after divorce I didn't receive anything and he is keeping create problems for me with his girlfriend.
Please, tell more detail what I need to do.Thank you very much.
Submitted: 2 years ago.
Category: Canada Law
Expert:  Debra replied 2 years ago.
Are you asking about how to get your former spouse charged with assault?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
yes,i came to police, police to send me to the court,nothing to move forward,how can I file to abuse?
Expert:  Debra replied 2 years ago.
There is another route you can go if the police will not assist you.You can attend at the Justice of the Peace's office in any criminal court.You simply walk in, tell the JP's secretary what you want to do, and he/she will give you a form to fill out (basic information and your allegations).Then after you hand it in, you'll speak to the JP and explain the basis for the allegations.Then if the JP decides there is enough to lay the information, he/she will schedule a pre-enquete (relatively brief in camera hearing to determine whether or not to proceed).Be prepared to bring any evidence or witnesses you might have for that.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
I want to discuss detail this file to abuse.thank you
Expert:  Debra replied 2 years ago.
I now understand why you started the other post. I cannot talk to you on the phone. My law society does not permit that. I can only post online with you.