How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Debra Your Own Question
Debra, Lawyer
Category: Canada Law
Satisfied Customers: 100466
Experience:  Lawyer
Type Your Canada Law Question Here...
Debra is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I was falsely accused of abuse to my very special needs, who

Customer Question

I was falsely accused of abuse to my very special needs, who is 28 years old. I was very bullied by police and the government funding source that provides home care for him. They received a phone call, accusing me of abuse. Once they realized they were wrong, they apologised and left. However, I do not trust these people, and am concerned of future harassment. What is my legal recourse and rights with this?
Submitted: 2 years ago.
Category: Canada Law
Expert:  Debra replied 2 years ago.
Who are you afraid will harass you in the future, the police, the funding source, the home care providers?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Yes, I am concerned with The funding source and possibly police. I believe the call came from a disgruntled staff, who cared for my son, and was let go twice from our Society. I do not have any concerns with current staff or any other past staff. Just this one very vendictive person. My son actually asked for her to be dismissed. She created alot of drama, gossip and issues with other staff, myself, and my son.. The current staff has been with us for 1.5 years, and will write a letter of support as will our Microboard members, and many others. This hit me by complete surprise, and I want to know how we can be assured that they will not do this again, on a simple call. I realize they must do their job. However, the approach they used did not consider my rights at all, or my sons rights, and I was judged and treated like a criminal. ( I do not have a criminal record). It was when I said I was going to contact a lawyer that they changed attitudes. I still do not trust them. What legal recourse can I take with them and the person who falsely accuse me?
Expert:  Debra replied 2 years ago.
Do you mean the police treated you this way when they investigated?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Yes, the police officer took a very bullying, intimidative and judgemental, unfair approach. The fundiing source rep, took the same attitude as the police officer.
Expert:  Debra replied 2 years ago.
I suggest that you ask for a meeting with the funding source and tell them how you feel that you were poorly treated even though you later received an apology. Then tell them that you believe that this was the result of a disgruntled employee, and you are most concerned that this employee will continue to make false allegations, and that you are deeply concerned because of how badly you were treated that you will be treated this way again and that you want their assurances that this will not happen. I also suggest that you make an appointment with the supervisor of the RCMP officer who treated you badly. You should tell this person your concerns about how badly you were treated, ask that the employee who made this statement be charged with mischief, and also explain that you are deeply concerned that the employee will continue to make these allegations and that you will be treated badly again.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
I am not satisfied with this service, I will be calling my mastercard customer service and stopping any billing this site may try to process!! I do not want to be a member and I do not feel this has been of any assistance!!!
Expert:  Debra replied 2 years ago.
I have no idea why your response is both rude and hostile. Why on earth would you make such threats? Just act like a decent person and ask for a refund instead of exhibiting such anger. The site makes it completely clear than anyone at all, for any reason, can get a refund. You also should have taken the time (instead of wasting mine now) to have read the Terms of Service so that you would have known that this is a conversation and we are to go up and back, at no additional cost, until you feel satisfied. At this point though, given your aggressive and disrespectful manner I don't wish to continue with you so I am going to opt out at once.

Related Canada Law Questions