How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Debra Your Own Question
Debra, Lawyer
Category: Canada Law
Satisfied Customers: 100941
Experience:  Lawyer
Type Your Canada Law Question Here...
Debra is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I've a question regarding Work Permit. BACKGROUND INFO:

Customer Question

Hi, I've a question regarding Work Permit.
BACKGROUND INFO: I have a work permit in Canada valid till January 2017. I have just quite my job and got admissed to ***** ***** College (Toronto, ON). Applied for the Study Permit already, which will be ready at the end of July.
1. How long I can legally stay in Canada after i quit my job.
2. How do I change my status from being a worked under Work Permit to a student under Study Permit.
Submitted: 2 years ago.
Category: Canada Law
Expert:  Debra replied 2 years ago.
Thank you for requesting me. You can remain in Canada now until you get your study permit as you work permit has not expired and you've applied for the study permit. Your status will change automatically when you get your study permit. Let me know if you need further clarification.