Is the installer of a product with a manufacturers warranty…

Customer Question
Is the installer of a...
Is the installer of a product with a manufacturers warranty of 20 years responsible for the product's performance for 20 years or only his workmanship warranty of 5 years?
Submitted: 3 years ago.Category: Canada Law
7/2/2015
Lawyer: Debra, Lawyer replied 3 years ago
Debra, Lawyer
The installer is not responsible for the 20 years but only for what his own warranty provides.
This is disappointing.
Suppose the manufacturer is in China or some other difficult or distant place. Why isn't the installer from whom you purchased
the product the one who is responsible for going after the manufacturer, rather than the consumer?
The installer is not obligated to remain responsible for the product for 20 years, that would make the installer be an impossible job. The installer told you what the installer's warranty was when you agreed to hire the installer and that is all the installer is liable for.