An apartment tenant in my multi-unit building has removed the…

Customer Question
An apartment tenant in my...
An apartment tenant in my multi-unit building has removed the for sale sign from the outside railing (exterior of building) of the deck area attached to their unit.
I cannot find regulations under the Ontario landlord tenant act.
Submitted: 3 years ago.Category: Canada Law
Answered in 1 hour by:
7/1/2015
Lawyer: Debra, Lawyer replied 3 years ago
Debra, Lawyer
This is not specifically addressed by the Act but the tenant has no right to touch a sign. The tenant has a right to exclusively occupy his/her home while being a tenant but that doesn't give the tenant ownership rights.So a tenant has no right to move a sign you have posted on a building you own.