It's about LMIA in northern Ontario, how long I have to work…

Customer Question
It's about LMIA in northern...
It's about LMIA in northern Ontario, how long I have to work for the same company after getting a positive LMIA from employer?
Submitted: 3 years ago.Category: Canada Law
Answered in 1 hour by:
6/29/2015
Lawyer: Debra, Lawyer replied 3 years ago
Debra, Lawyer
There is no time limit. You can leave at once but you cannot work unless you get another job offer and another positive LMIA.
So it means I need another job offer to get hired at any other workplace after? Like I can't get hired on regular basis?
And if I quit right after getting a LMIA, HOW does it effects the company I'm working for?
Your work permit is restricted so you can only work for that employer. It won't hurt the employer in terms of being able to get another LMIA for someone else if that is what you are asking.
Oh thanks! And what if got my permanent resident, my work permit ll still be restricted. Or I can work anywhere after?
Then you won't need a permit at all!
Perfect! Does number of employees matter in LMIA process? And you said it doesn't hurt employer or his company in any way right? Sounds good! Thank you sir.
The number employees doesn't matter. You are correct in you understanding. Good luck.