Debra, Lawyer
Experience:  Lawyer
10263656

Good morning my question is I had two sisters who died in Saskatchewan

Customer Question

Good morning my question is I had two sisters who died in Saskatchewan last year sister a had a will sister b did not sister A left sister b as the executor but if sister b died in 30 days her brother will be the executor sister a insurance was left to sister b can the funds in sister b estate pay for bills on sister a house or will the brother has to pay for it
Category: Canada Law
Expert:  Debra replied 2 years ago.
I am sorry for your loss. Which sister died first?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Sister A
Expert:  Debra replied 2 years ago.
The funds cannot be used to pay the debts because the sister's B's estate is not responsible for sister A's estate. But the brother doesn't have to pay the debts. An executor is not liable for the debts of an estate. If there are not enough assets in sister A's estate to pay her debts they just won't be paid. No one is liable.