Good morning. . 6 years ago my ex and I

Customer Question
Good morning. My name is...
Good morning. My name is Melissa.
6 years ago my ex and I split up, we had lived together for 13 yrs as common law husband and wife. We also had one child together.
When he listed our home on the market he listed me as a tenant and when the home sold I received nothing from the sale, only the 10 thou I had put down as the down payment, which I had to fight for and proved so with cheques that I had made out to an uncle who lent us the money for the down payment . I have a friend who is in real-estate and said that him listing me as a tenant was an illegal action and that I am entitled to my share of the proceeds from the sale of our family home. Is this true and if so how do I go about collecting it. Thank you so very much.
Submitted: 3 years ago.Category: Canada Law
6/29/2015
Lawyer: Debra, Lawyer replied 3 years ago
Debra, Lawyer
What province are you in please?