How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Tom B. Your Own Question
Tom B.
Tom B., Barrister & Solicitor
Category: Canada Law
Satisfied Customers: 2263
Experience:  25 years in practice
Type Your Canada Law Question Here...
Tom B. is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

Good morning. . 6 years ago my ex and I

Customer Question

Good morning. My name is Melissa.
6 years ago my ex and I split up, we had lived together for 13 yrs as common law husband and wife. We also had one child together.
When he listed our home on the market he listed me as a tenant and when the home sold I received nothing from the sale, only the 10 thou I had put down as the down payment, which I had to fight for and proved so with cheques that I had made out to an uncle who lent us the money for the down payment . I have a friend who is in real-estate and said that him listing me as a tenant was an illegal action and that I am entitled to my share of the proceeds from the sale of our family home. Is this true and if so how do I go about collecting it. Thank you so very much.
Submitted: 2 years ago.
Category: Canada Law
Expert:  Debra replied 2 years ago.
What province are you in please?

Related Canada Law Questions