If a person buys a item on kijiji and it works fine but

Customer Question
hi if a person buys...
hi if a person buys a item on kijiji and it works fine but doesn't do what you wanted can you get your money back
Submitted: 3 years ago.Category: Canada Law
6/28/2015
Lawyer: Copperlaw, Lawyer replied 3 years ago
Copperlaw
Copperlaw, Lawyer
Good day. Sales between private persons do not fall under any commercial or consumer protection. You could only get your money back if the seller was willing to give you a refund, otherwise, there is no recourse available to you and there is nothing in law that would provide you anything. It would be entirely up to the seller's good will if they chose to give you your money back. I look forward to hearing back from you. Jim
Lawyer: Copperlaw, Lawyer replied 2 years ago
Good Evening, Please let me know if you require anything further or if we can close the question so it no longer shows as open in either of our question lists. Also, please take a moment to leave me a positive rating as this assists me in building my reputation here on the site. Jim