How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Copperlaw Your Own Question
Copperlaw, Lawyer
Category: Canada Law
Satisfied Customers: 2016
Experience:  Lawyer and Retired cop. Drug expert, breath tech, negotiator, traffic specialist. Criminal, Family, Civil and others.
Type Your Canada Law Question Here...
Copperlaw is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I'm researching (as I guess you can see) what to do if two

Customer Question

I'm researching (as I guess you can see) what to do if two US citizens married in Canada and then due to DV w/o police report need to divorce. I was told when we married that one of us would need to reside in Canada to get a divorce.
Submitted: 2 years ago.
Category: Canada Law
Expert:  Copperlaw replied 2 years ago.
Good afternoon. The information you received was correct. You must be a resident of the Province in which you are applying for Divorce, otherwise the Courts will not accept the application and a Divorce cannot proceed. Jim

Related Canada Law Questions