Tom B.
Tom B., Barrister & Solicitor
Experience:  25 years in practice
28667836

I was on line looking financing when a realtor called

Customer Question

I was on line looking for home financing when a realtor called me and I told her that the house I wanted to buy was for sell by owner and he did not want a realtor involved .She told me he was trying to rip me off and she could get the house for a lot cheaper.She really pulled one over me because she sent me a contract to sign on line saying hire me so I did.The man who owns the house is willing to rent to own to me after weeks of talking .I have only heard from realtor twice she would not answer my calls.I go to reading the contract closer and it says i have to pay her 4 percent of any house i buy plus 750.00 .But when i read the contract more closely it says selling firm may not have access to any information concerning properties for sale and not listed with a real estate licensees.The realtor says i have to pay her 3500.00 if i break contract plus 750.00.She was breaking her own contract by digging up info on a home for sale by owner what can i do about this. Thanks Rebecca McClain
Category: Canada Law
Expert:  Tom B. replied 2 years ago.
HiPerhaps nothing. Sometimes "sue me" is the best answer for fishy people. What province are you in?What is the status of your deal?Tom