On the 16th of April, 2015 I received a parking ticket for "having parked a road vehi…

Customer Question
On the 16th of April...
On the 16th of April, 2015 I received a parking ticket for "having parked a road vehicle in a space controlled by a pay station without the prescribed fee having been paid" when in fact I had paid the meter (2 minutes earlier than the time when the ticket was issued) and have proof of payment.
I am now being billed $53 for the infraction, $23 in administrative fees and am still out the $6 I originally paid the meter to avoid all of this in the first place. Basically I get penalized an extra $29 over and above the ticket for diligently paying a parking meter .
I heard that the machines parking agents use to determine if meters are paid have a 2 to 5 minute delay on them. If this is indeed true, shouldn’t there be some type of class action suit against the City of Montreal?
Any help with this matter would be greatly appreciated.
Thanking you in advance,
Steve
Submitted: 3 years ago.Category: Canada Law
The vehicle I was using at the time was Communauto which makes contesting a ticket much trickier since I’m not the owner of the car. I was informed by Communauto that I need to obtain an Authorization form from the City of Montreal which would need to be completed by Communauto in order for the ticket to be contested. So after running around to obtain this form, I e-mailed it to Communauto so that they can fill it out and return it to me. After two weeks of waiting I contacted them regarding this issue and they then informed me that I could just contest the ticket directly with the City of Montreal which I of course did.
6/23/2015
Lawyer: Debra, Lawyer replied 3 years ago
Debra, Lawyer
Are you asking about whether there can be a class action lawsuit or about what you can do?