I have been dealing with a lawyer in Pretoria south Africa…

Customer Question
I have been dealing with...
I have been dealing with a lawyer in Pretoria south Africa and i want to know if the lawyer is real he says I'm to receive 7.5 million from a allen cooper estate. This lawyer peter Lawrence.This lawyer said he has been practicing for 17 yrs. I have two number and there willing to talk to you I just want to know if this is real or a scam. peters number is ***** 27 73(###) ###-#### ***** Cassandra Hoffman from online money is 1-***-***-****. They have a deadline for the 25th of june to pay $3375.00 marginal tax flucation. I have all the documentation here on my computer if you need emailed to you for more information.
thanks
steve virtue
Submitted: 3 years ago.Category: Canada Law
6/22/2015
Lawyer: Daniel Freudman, Lawyer replied 3 years ago
I am quite certain this is a scam. The saying "if it sounds too good to be true then it probably is" applies emphatically on the internet. Unless you did, in fact, have a very close family member (e.g. parent or sibling) in Pretoria who just passed away, I cannot see this as being legitimate. These types of scams are very common- a "lawyer" in another country advises you of a unfathomably large inheritance, and all you have to do is pay a small "estate fee". That's simply not how estates work, and especially when there are different countries involved. Whenever someone you don't know on the internet randomly contacts you to give you money, then says you have to pay them a (relatively) minimal amount in order to get that amount, at least 95% of the time it's a scam and the money you send will go to some criminal who you'll never see, nor will you see the benefit you were supposed to receive.
Lawyer: Daniel Freudman, Lawyer replied 2 years ago
Hopefully my answer was of assistance. Would you kindly provide me with a positive rating so I can receive payment for my services. Thank you.
Hopefully my answer was of assistance. Would you kindly provide me with a positive rating so I can receive payment for my services. Thank you very much and best of luck.