How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Debra Your Own Question
Debra, Lawyer
Category: Canada Law
Satisfied Customers: 101388
Experience:  Lawyer
Type Your Canada Law Question Here...
Debra is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I moved to canada in 1970 ith my family as a landd immigrant.

Customer Question

I moved to canada in 1970 ith my family as a landd immigrant. My father, now deceased, was a canadian citizen as is my sister. I left canada in 1986 and am now living in Costa rica with my costa rican wife. I have a british passport. Will I be able to return to canada permanently.
Submitted: 2 years ago.
Category: Canada Law
Expert:  Debra replied 2 years ago.
Are you saying your father became a citizen sometime after you landed? He was not a citizen when you were born was he?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
He became a citizen after we arrived
Expert:  Debra replied 2 years ago.
Then unfortunately you will have to start over from the beginning. Your former status will not be relevant.
You will need grounds to apply such as through the skilled worker program.