Texts and pictures of me are being circulated online and via…

Customer Question
Texts and pictures of me...
Texts and pictures of me are being circulated online and via email without my permission. How can I stop it?
Submitted: 3 years ago.Category: Canada Law
6/20/2015
Lawyer: Debra, Lawyer replied 3 years ago
Debra, Lawyer
How are the people getting the pictures of you ? Aree these texts that you sent to someone else?
Yes. I sent them.
The pictures are being emailed.
I received an email also saying that they are on 4chan.org
But how does the person take a picture of you?Is the photograph of you in some embarrassing position?

I took the pictures and texted them to someone. he then emailed them to several people and claims to have posted them online.

Yes. They are not nude photos but are suggestive.

I am grateful for your help but this matter is URGENT

Relist: Answer came too late.
I requested URGENT assistance. Please, I require URGENT assistance.
I am sorry to hear this.Unfortunately, the texts are not private because you texted them to this person so he has the right to post your text online.While there is no intellectual property rights in an image there is in a photograph and he is breaching your copyright of the photos that you hold because you took them. for this reason I suggest that you tell him that if he does not remove the photos from his posts online you will retain a lawyer and sue him to get an order to have the photos removed and for damages.You can tell him that because you took the photos you hold the intellectual property rights to these photos and do not consent to him using them in any way especially online.

He is American Can I file a DMCA notice?

I cannot find the images online so do not have the URLs to the images.

They were sent via email to strangers at my husband's work.

I am not sure if that will work. He will ignore you. I suggest you pay a lawyer to write him a letter. That will likely scare him into removing any photos that have been posted, if they even have been.
What type of lawyer?
Any lawyer can write the letter. Seeing a lawyer that does civil litigation would be best but it's not vital.