How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Jeremie John Martin Your Own Question
Jeremie John Martin
Jeremie John Martin, Lawyer
Category: Canada Law
Satisfied Customers: 894
Experience:  I'm a bilingual attorney for the province of Quebec who goes to Court often for many clients.
Type Your Canada Law Question Here...
Jeremie John Martin is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

Is there any law in Canada about misuse of power of a

Customer Question

Is there any law in Canada about misuse of power of a director of an NGO for boys in Uganda run by a registered Canadian Charity. The woman had sexual relations with two of the boys under her care. These boys came to the orphanage at ages 14 but were over
18 years of age at the time of the sexual affairs. Ugandan officials were notified of the misuse of power but have been bribed to keep quiet by the Canadian Charity. We have adult witnesses seeing her sexual acts as well as young boys ages 8-10 who peeked
through the unlocked door of the directors room as she was having sex with one of their "brothers"" asking the older boys what was there "mother" doing with their "brother". The Canadian charity denies the acts. However the director is nine months pregnant
by now and has returned to Canada to deliver the baby fathered by the last boy.
Submitted: 2 years ago.
Category: Canada Law
Expert:  Jeremie John Martin replied 2 years ago.
The only way a crime committed outside Canada can be judge in Canada is through the Crimes against humanity ans War Crimes act, which would not apply to this situation.
Moreover, if this situation happened in Canada it would not be a criminal act since the boys were 18.
Unless the bribe or corruption happened here, it is likely that this affair concerns strictly Uganda from a criminal point of view.
I hope my answer sends you in the right direction.
I'd be glad to answer follow-up questions. If and when we are done, please remember to kindly rate my service before exiting the site so the site can release the portion of the funds you already paid that go to the expert.
Best regards ,
Jeremie ***** *****

Related Canada Law Questions