How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Debra Your Own Question
Debra, Lawyer
Category: Canada Law
Satisfied Customers: 101058
Experience:  Lawyer
Type Your Canada Law Question Here...
Debra is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I am a plaintiff in civil court Alberta with a court date set

Customer Question

I am a plaintiff in civil court Alberta with a court date set this November 3.. The defendant faces another action related in some ways to mine that will go before COB date set. The Defendant wishes to Consolidate the two cases. I oppose. In a pre trial conference Monday Judge ignored my written statement of facts and did not read when offered to her. Judge issued an order allowing Defendant until August 31 to file a Notice Of application if seeking to
"Transfer" my case to COB. (no dates available until late 2016)Question : Does :transfer mean the same as "Consolidate" Question : can I appeal the Judges order
Submitted: 2 years ago.
Category: Canada Law
Expert:  Debra replied 2 years ago.
It appears that the defendant is allowed to apply to transfer the case which could then be consolidated. But that doesn't mean the defendant is allowed to do that. You can oppose the application.I assume the Judge didn't care what you said as the judge wants there to be a full hearing on this so when you are served with the notice you then put in a reply.