How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Tom B. Your Own Question
Tom B.
Tom B., Barrister & Solicitor
Category: Canada Law
Satisfied Customers: 2263
Experience:  25 years in practice
Type Your Canada Law Question Here...
Tom B. is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I am the senior person in a job-share. The job share partner

Customer Question

I am the senior person in a job-share. The job share partner has left and I wish to convert this back into a full-time position. AS per the contract I am the owner of this job share. The union is fighting me on this issue because the original manager and Human Resources had neglected to right up a contract at the time of employment and are now telling me that I have no legal rights to this job full time. Do I have a case to fight or not.
Submitted: 2 years ago.
Category: Canada Law
Expert:  Debra replied 2 years ago.
I am not following the facts because you say there is no contract but you also say that the contract allows you to decide to take on the position full-time again.So please clarify this.

Related Canada Law Questions