How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Tom B. Your Own Question
Tom B.
Tom B., Barrister & Solicitor
Category: Canada Law
Satisfied Customers: 2263
Experience:  25 years in practice
Type Your Canada Law Question Here...
Tom B. is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I have an emotionally and phisically abusive and financially

Customer Question

I have an emotionally and phisically abusive and financially controlling husband(He is From Ukraine and I am Armenian, both kids are US Citizens). When my son was 4 yrs old he kicked him in the face and then beat him with a bat while i was at work. I called police and he was charged but escaped jail time by tricking me that it will never happen again by contacting me even though he had a "no contact" order. When he returned everything became worse. I am currently in Armenia with our son and he is constantly threatening that he will sue me for kidnapping our son although I have his permission to travel with kids until the end of 2015. How can I break this abusive cycle once an for all? I am a caring and loving mother but he is slowly waring me out, so that I will not live long enough to raise my children. Please help me find a way out of this!
Submitted: 2 years ago.
Category: Canada Law
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Both our children have US citizenship by birth and all four of us have obtained Canadian citizenship in November 2015.
In October of 2013 my husband pushed me from behind so I flew from the hallway into the kitchen and was hardly able to keep myself from falling. After that night I moved to the living room fearing there will be more violence. I have been living in the living room for several months and our son and I have been constantly emotionally abused. Being away in Armenia with my son help us recover from constant abuse.
Expert:  Debra replied 2 years ago.
I am sorry to hear this. The facts are not quite clear as you keep talking about your son but mention that you have two children. Are both with you? I don't see what Canada has to do with the question. Is your spouse in Toronto as you saw a counselor there?Is he saying you have to return with the children to Toronto?How old are they?What exactly is your question?

Related Canada Law Questions