Tom B.
Tom B., Barrister & Solicitor
Experience:  25 years in practice
28667836

I lost my job of 20 years,due to lack of communication on both

Customer Question

I lost my job of 20 years,due to lack of communication on both the company and union,s part.do I have a case?
Category: Canada Law
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
My position was eliminated,i was given options one of them being a buy-out,I posted on three jobs,until I was informed i had one day to sign the buy-out unbeknownst to me the buy out was extended until the following week,I signed not knowing the other departments wanted me,and regrettably I had to decline because I signed the buy out.I spoke with union rep she said it could be resinded,however knowing that a little too late because I had already declined.had I known the buy out was extended I would have opted to remain employed with the company in a different position.
Expert:  Debra replied 2 years ago.
When was this?Have you and/or the union told them you were not told of the extension and you want the job?