How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Debra Your Own Question
Debra, Lawyer
Category: Canada Law
Satisfied Customers: 100049
Experience:  Lawyer
Type Your Canada Law Question Here...
Debra is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

My name is***** to Canada on 16 March 2007

Customer Question

Hi,My name is***** to Canada on 16 March 2007 with my husband , during my stay he to leave his house without any reason.So I went to Scotland to my grandparents , as I was pregnant that time and don,t have anyone to look after me except my husbad.I went to Scotland on 16 September 2007 and I had miscarriage.I was very tense ,upset because I lost my child.I came back to Pakistan on 2November 2007 to my parents and I got divorced in June 2008.I GOT MY Permanent Residence Card during my stay in Canada.I started studying and done my masters in english.Now I want to go back to Canada but my card is expire on 22 March 2012.Kindly can u help me please I want to come back to Canada.kindly help me out please
Submitted: 2 years ago.
Category: Canada Law
Expert:  Debra replied 2 years ago.
I can explain the law or how to find a lawyer but I cannot act for you. Should I go ahead?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
explain me the law
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
i know the residency obligation law but my basic question is tat can i still apply to get back there and ur firm can help me to get there?
Expert:  Debra replied 2 years ago.
I cannot act for you but What you can do to find a lawyer is one of the following things.You can contact the Law Society and use their Lawye Referral Service. You will be given the name of a lawyer and can consult with the lawyer and the first half hour will be free.The number is:1-***-***-**** or(###) ###-####(within the GTA)Or you can check on a site called lexpert. This is a legal directory of leading lawyers and law firms throughout Canada and is well-respected by the legal community.Here's the link to their website: The fact that you were a PR years ago is not going to matter now. You will have to start over from the beginning and will need grounds to apply. For example, if you are a skilled worker you can apply for PR status.

Related Canada Law Questions